In managing your dental health, you should be accustomed to performing one daily habit, and that is keeping your toothbrush clean. You brush your toothbrush twice or more per day, which is recommended. Since you use it this often, it is important to know how to maintain it and keep it clean.
Here are some steps that will help you keep your toothbrush germ-free:
- Avoid keeping multiple brushes in one cup
- Wash hands first before reaching for the toothbrush
- Wash the toothbrush before and after each session
- Place the toothbrush occasionally in dishwater for a thorough clean
- Replace one every 3-4 months
- Use toothpaste every session
If you observe that the bristles are bending, it may be time to switch to a new brush. If co-habit with other people and someone is sick, make sure their toothbrush is stored far away from the one you use. Finally, one of the most important steps is keeping up with regular appointments at your local dentist. This is an important factor in keeping toothbrushes clean.